Camping Trip...
Devon and
I decided to go camping up on Mount Lemon one Friday in late March. It was quite the experience! We quickly packed some food, I made some foil dinners,
while Devon gather the camping supplies that we did have. We didn’t have any
sleeping bags so we grabbed two blankets one for us to lie on and one for on
top of us, and drove up to the mountain. It was a beautiful trip. We drove up
to the top of the mountain and on to the backside, so we could find our own
secluded camp area. We didn’t think to check the weather, because it was so
beautiful in Tucson. Come to find out we happened to go camping during high
alert winds. Devon and I set up our tent and built a fire, and enjoyed our foil
dinners. That night as we were going to bed, I was freezing. The ground felt
like it was frozen. Needless to say, Devon saw a side of me that he hadn’t seen
before. I was cold and tired, which isn’t a good combination for me. And I
wanted him to make it all better, even though there was nothing he could do
about it. After trying to tough it out in the tent for two hours, we decided to
go and sleep in the truck.
Devon
turned on the heater while I sat there and shivered. We did manage to get some sleep, but we were a little sore that morning.
Despite
the bitter cold and the horrible winds, it was a great first camping trip. And
now we know all the things we
need to get for camping next time. Also we well be sure to check the weather for next time ;)
Fun pictures! I must say though... That's not the way the story went when David shared it. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat can I say, I am not the best writer. I am much more detailed when I tell a story. Plus that is just my side of the story. David got both sides.
DeleteI agree the pictures do NOT match the story I heard either!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWell when you are misserable, you dont really feel like taking pictures. These were taken when we first got there.
Delete